PURPOSE OF THE MODULE
This course is designed to introduce students to the meaning of leadership, an understanding of the management theory, what are some of the abilities required of a manager, and what is a ‘servant leader’.
Course code: Chm 104
Transformational Leadership & Management In Healthcare
- To provide learners with required management and leadership skills in health care setting
- To equip learners with tools of envisioning, designing, developing and supporting new initiatives specific to their areas of work
- To add value to learners’ professional skills
- To train learners gain the ability to work and manage multi disciplinary tasks
- To equip learners with skills to facilitate the integration of management and leadership principles and practices in their work
By the end of this, learners should:
- Explain and apply different leadership and management styles in any given work environment
- Explain and communicate with their colleagues effectively using the skills acquired
- Apply participatory and inclusive decision making strategies
- Promote and manage effective teams with the aim of improving their productivity capacity.
- Apply the skills and techniques learned to identify the resourcefulness of their teams
- Spearhead the process of giving visionary direction, restoring and promoting human dignity of the teams using approaches that optimize their resourcefulness.
- Be better at working with their support organs.
- Continue in their quest for knowledge and understanding of the dynamics in leadership and management in the 21st Century
MODE OF DELIVERY
Reading guide/assignment workbook
Online resources, including videos
Toolkit for assisting in action research
Experiences Of Leadership In Health Care In Sub-Saharan Africa
Source: Paper by Leslie Curry, Lauren Taylor, Peggy GC Chen and Elizabeth Bradley
The electronic version of this article is the complete one and can be found online at:
//www.human-resources-health.com/content/10/1/33; Published:13 September 2012
No Reviews found for this course.