Purpose Of Module
This final module is deliberately positioned to close the entire course. Its content and learning process is intended to wrap up lessons from the foregoing nine modules and put them into actionable perspective. If the desired change in healthcare provision is to happen, the lessons of this entire course must be translated into action. This module explores how the lessons learned in the course can inform organizational development and strategic planning initiatives for better health provision in the target districts. The module will be implemented through an action learning project where the team from each district will be required to use the new insights learned in the course to propose detailed organizational change initiatives and strategic plan for their respective districts.
Course Code : CHM 110
Organizational Development & Strategic Planning
- To introduce learners to the different approaches and up to date knowledge of strategic planning, principles and practices
- To equip learners with professional skills, practices and techniques in strategic planning and performance management
- To equip learners with effective communication skills within their different professional areas as an organizational development tool
- To equip learners with techniques of initiating and managing change through the application of sound leadership and management competence
- To equip learners with techniques of effective implementation of research, investment and consultancy projects in their different areas of focus
By the end of the unit, learners should:
- Explain different approaches of strategic planning, management, principles and practices
- Apply significant range of professional skills, practices and techniques in strategic management
- Define and explain the importance of effective communication skills within their different professional areas
- Outline different techniques of initiating and managing change through the application of sound leadership and management competence
- Apply different techniques of effective implementation of research, investment and consultancy
Mode Of Delivery
- Reading guide/assignment workbook
- Online resources, including videos
- Toolkit for assisting in action research
A Compelling Case For A Regional Health Care Approach In Uganda
Source: Paper by Damian Rutazaana, Charles Olaro, Ronald Miria Ocaatre, Bernard Odu, Martin Ssendyona, Jimmy Opigo, David Okia and Eric Kakoole, and included in: The Life And Times Of The Institutional Capacity Building Project In The Health Sector In Uganda: Lessons Learned In Leadership And Management, BTC & MoH, Kampala, Uganda, November 2015.
No Reviews found for this course.