Programme in Leadership, Planning and Management in Healthcare
Strictly for Private Use June 2017
Purpose Of Module
Decisions made by local government leadership ought to be made in a way that is consistent with the local government principles. Effective decision making at the district aids transparent and effective processes, sustainable development and management of effective service delivery, democratic representation, social inclusion and meaningful community engagement, among others. This module enables district leadership to appreciate the role of good decision-making in ensuring effective delivery of quality health services.
Course Code : CHM 112
Leadership And Quality Of Health Care
(District Political Leadership)
- To provide District Leadership with required management and leadership skills in health care setting and how they impact on Quality of Health Care
- To equip District Leadership with tools of envisioning, designing, developing and supporting new initiatives specific to their areas of work
- To add value to learners’ leadership skills in improving quality of health care
- To train District Leadership gain the ability to work and manage multi disciplinary tasks
- To equip District Leadership with skills to facilitate the integration of management and leadership principles and practices in their work
By the end of this, learners should:
- Explain and apply different leadership and management styles in improving quality of care in a decentralized system
- Explain and communicate with their colleagues effectively using the skills acquired
- Apply participatory and inclusive decision making strategies for improved quality of care
- Promote and facilitate effective teams with the aim of improving their productivity capacity.
- Apply the skills and techniques learned to identify the resourcefulness of their district health teams
- Spearhead the process of giving visionary direction, restoring and promoting human dignity of the teams using approaches that optimize their resourcefulness.
- Be better at working with their district support organs.
Mode Of Delivery
- Reading guide/assignment workbook
- Online resources, including videos
- Toolkit for assisting in action research
CRITIQUEING THE PERFORMANCE OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT
Source: Material in this unit is extracted from the Comprehensive Review Of Local Governments 2016 by Directorate of Management Services, MINISTRY OF PUBLIC SERVICE, Kampala-Uganda, May, 2016
|How to Use Mosquito Nets (Video)||00:00:00|
|Overview Of The Local Government System In Uganda||FREE||00:00:00|
|Decentralization & The Ugandan Experience||FREE||00:00:00|
|Decentralization, Local Government Capacity And Efficiency Of Health Service Delivery In Uganda||00:00:00|
|Quiz – Overview Of The Local Government System In Uganda||00:30:00|
|Local Democracy And Public Accountability In Uganda||FREE||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.