Purpose Of The Module
This module focuses on emotional intelligence which is an embodiment of advanced communication skills required of those in leadership and management positions. To be effective at self-management, empathy and creating an environment that brings out the best in people, all leaders and managers need skills in emotional intelligence. It cuts through such topics as self-awareness and self-mastery, empathy and active listening, conflict management, providing constructive feedback, being an effective supervisor, coach and mentor, effectively dealing with stress, conducting effective meetings, making effective presentations, writing effective reports, preparing and making execute pitching.
Course Code: CHM 109
Emotional Intelligence & Communication Skills For Health Workers
- To introduce learners to principles of emotional intelligence and communication and how they relate to their work
- To equip learners with skills that will enable them apply emotional intelligence and communication approaches to their day-to-day work
- To enable learners know what is expected of them in any given work environment
- To enable learners know the role of involving people in setting their expectations and how they will meet them (participatory planning)
- To enable learners know the relevance of emotional intelligence and communication in team work in enhancing work productivity and performance
- To enable learners know the relevance of obtaining and giving feedback as benchmarks for effective performance
- To enable learners manage relationships that enhance performance
- To enable learners know the relevance of emotional intelligence and communication in their work
By the end of this unit, learners should:
- Describe and explain the basic principles of emotional intelligence and communication as a management approach.
- Apply the tools acquired in their day to day work.
- Translate their work goals and targets into realistic and achievable outputs and outcomes.
- Implement self-steering and self-management reporting mechanisms.
- Use periodic appraisals and translate them into effective performance tools.
- Integrate techniques of emotional intelligence and communication into their routine work
- Use and manage feedback information as a mechanism of eliciting good performance.
- Continue in their quest for knowledge and understanding of the subject.
Mode Of Delivery
- Reading guide/assignment workbook
- Online resources, including videos
- Toolkit for assisting in action research
Unlock Your Emotional Genius: How Emotionally Intelligent Are You,
And Why Should You Care? By Susan Krauss Whitbourne Ph.D. Fulfillment at Any Age, 2013
|Emotional Intelligence & Principles Of Communication||FREE||00:00:00|
|The Art Of Writing||FREE||00:00:00|
|Grief, Bereavement, And Loss||FREE||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.